The UniFi Network Specialist (UNS) is a one-day introduction course to the UniFi Controller with emphasis on server administration as well as device, site & network management. Hands-on labs reinforce knowledge of Controller best practices, remote device adoption techniques, as well as use cases for the built-in Guest Portal & Hotspot Manager.
Learning is reinforced with course materials and practical lab activities using the latest UniFi Controller and 802.11ac, 2nd-Gen UAP hardware.
Those students who complete the course and pass the exam at the end will be fully certified as a UniFi Network Specialist and receive their official certificate and t-shirt from Ubiquiti Networks.
Students are required to bring a laptop with a wired ethernet port (or USB ethernet adapter) and Java installed/updated. Students should also bring their laptop power adapter, a powerboard and 3 x ethernet patch leads (short length – 1m or less is fine). Some knowledge in basic networking principles including IP sub-netting is assumed.
Please note: Students must bring their own kit. The trainer is unable to provide power boards, ethernet adapters, cables or laptops on the day.
1. UniFi Enterprise System
- Introduction to UniFi
- UniFi Product Range
2. Server Administration
- Controller Types, Requirements & Hybrid Cloud
- Server Folders and Logs
- UniFi AP Standalone Config
3. Device Management
- UniFi Protocol and Device Statuses
- Remote Adoption Techniques
- Batch AP Configuration
4. Site & Network Design
- UniFi Controller Overview: Devices, Clients and Stats
- UniFi Sites, Admins and Events/Alerts
- WLAN Config, Groups, User Groups and Security
- VLANs, 802.1Q and Tagging
- RADIUS-Based VLAN Assignments
5. Guest Portal & Hotspot
- UniFi Guest Portal
- UniFi Guest Network Policies
- Hotspot Manager, Operators & Voucher Management