The Ubiquiti Enterprise Wireless Admin (UEWA) is a two-day, in-classroom training course focused on the most important concepts in Enterprise Wireless Networking, with special emphasis on best practices for designing/managing UniFi WLANs. Hands-on labs reinforce knowledge of wireless concepts and advanced wireless features.
Learning is reinforced with course materials and practical lab activities using the latest UniFi Controller and 802.11ac, 2nd-Gen UAP hardware.
Those students who complete the course and pass the exam at the end will be fully certified as a Ubiquiti Enterprise Wireless Admin and receive their official certificate and t-shirt from Ubiquiti Networks.
Students are required to bring a laptop with a wired ethernet port (or USB ethernet adapter) and Java installed/updated. Students should also bring their laptop power adapter, a powerboard and 3 x ethernet patch leads (short length – 1m or less is fine). Some knowledge in basic networking principles including IP sub-netting is assumed.
Please note: Students must bring their own kit. The trainer is unable to provide power boards, ethernet adapters, cables or laptops on the day.
1. RF Fundamentals
- Frequency, Propagation, Path Loss, Attenuation
- Coverage, Channels, Bandwidths, DFS
- Transmit Signal, Power, Gain, EIRP
- Antenna Radiation Patterns
- MIMO, Polarisation
2. 802.11 Networking
- LAN Access Methods
- CSMA/CA, RTS/CTS, Hidden Nodes
- SSIDs, Beacons, Probing, Connection
- Dynamic Rate Selection, Fast Roaming
- WLAN Standards
- Frame Types, Quality of Service
- SU-MIMO vs MU-MIMO
- Noise vs Signal, SNR, ACI vs CCI
3. WLAN Planning & Design
- PoE Standards and Wiring
- High Density, Coverage Areas, Overlap
- MCS Indices, Coding & Modulation
- Site Surveys, WLAN Scanning, Spectral Analysis
- Airtime & Capacity
- Device Interoperability
- Coverage vs Data Rates
4. WLAN Deployment
- Network Traffic Types, Broadcast/Multicast Traffic
- UniFi Band Steering
- UniFi Minimum RSSI
- Wireless Uplink
- Certification Exam